We are more than a social club. While we do offer events and entertainment for our guests that is only what you see on the surface.
- We have members who visit veterans in the veterans homes and hospitals.
- We donate funds and help to send care packages to deployed military.
- We assist veterans in filing disability claims and getting assistance.
- We provide scholarships to local high school seniors.
- We donate to local, military, veteran 501c3 charities.
- We always have our barrel out for collecting food for the food pantries.
- We Sponsor Boy Scout Troop 9031 and Cub Scout Pack 9031.
- We have sponsored adult baseball since we built the ball field in 1957.
So when you see us sitting around taking 5 and shooting the breeze stop by and say hi!
Rosetown Memorial American Legion was chartered on November 5, 1946. For several years we met in different establishments, and in 1956 we started a search for a permanent home. We purchased 11.9 acres of the Gangl dairy farm on County Road C. In 1957 we started grading the hill for the baseball field and the first phase of the building project. Around 1959 the baseball field was completed and the legion baseball team competed. That same year our Color Guard was started. Rosetown Memorial American Legion Post 542 incorporated in the 1960’s and on November 13, 1963 Stage one of our three stage building project was completed. Stage 3 construction of the main hall and basement below began in 1986 and the outside patio and deck was build in 1988. The baseball field has been add to the city park now and not part of the post, but the building pictured is still the same structure.
Our Rosetown Memorial Post 542 Auxiliary was chartered on May 3, 1965 and the Rosetown Memorial Post 542 Sons of the American Legion was chartered in October of 1970.
Meet the Team
Post Officers 2018
|1st Vice Commander||Jeffrey||Proud|
|2nd Vice Commander||Bob||Murray|
|Historian – open|
|Service Officer – Open|
|Sgt At Arms||Don||Gustafson|
|Past Post Commander||Jim||Anderson|
Auxiliary Officers 2018
|1st Vice President||Carol||Caswell|
|2nd Vice President||Marge||McPartlin|
|Sgt At Arms||Laurie||Wagner|
|Sgt At Arms|
SAL Officer photo is being developed
|1st Vice Commander||Steve||Penning|
|2nd Vice Commander||Open|
|Sgt At Arms||Butch||Caswell|
|Past SAL Commander||Carl||Reeck|